Classic Edge 550
A revolutionary new patent-pending design. The perfect combination of value and performance.
Door – 18″W x 18″H
Firebox Length – 34″
Firebox Volume – 14 cu ft
Ash Cleanout Door – 18″W x 9″H
Water Capacity – 205 gal.
Supply/Return Ports – 1 set of 1-1/4″ supply and return ports (can be configured for two pumps)
Measurements and Foundation Dimensions – See Illustration
Manufacturer’s Rated Heat Output Capacity** – 178,000 Btu/hr
Optional FireStarXP WIFI Module with E-Link Technology.
View real-time information, historical charts and more with the optional FireStar XP Wi-Fi Module.
Classic Edge Models
- Designed to Perform – With innovative features like a patented air charge tube that adds air in all the right places while keeping the coal bed from falling through, to the patent-pending vertical heat exchanger that optimizes heat transfer, the Classic Edge is the perfect combination of performance and value.
- Easy to Operate – With Central Boiler’s FireStar II electronic controller optimizing the gasification process, the Classic Edge is one of the easiest ways to heat with wood.
- Higher Efficiency – Fire burns down through the Fusion Combustor where extremely high temperatures aid in complete combustion, resulting in high efficiency and extremely low emissions.
- Less Maintenance – Vertical heat exchanger optimizes heat transfer and requires little maintenance. Heat exchanger includes integrated cleaning system and, if needed, a removable access plate, a Classic Edge exclusive.
- Burns Less Wood – A hallmark of Central Boiler furnaces for over 30 years, spray-on urethane foam is the ultimate airtight, waterproof insulation that locks the heat in to reduce wood usage, even at the coldest temperatures.
- Certified – The Classic Edge 350, 550 and 750 are U.S. EPA Certified.