Classic – CL4030
As the outdoor wood furnace that set the standard for quality and revolutionized the industry, the Classic is the perfect choice for heating your business, shop, barn and more.
Door – 20″W x 20″H
Firebox – 40″L x 30″H x 26″W
Heat Transfer Area – 52 sq ft
Weight – 1,350 lbs
Water Capacity – 140 gal.
Measurements and Foundation Dimensions – Illustration
Classic Model Features
- Vent Cap – design eliminates evaporation.
- High Capacity Water Jacket – is tested multiple times to ensure welding integrity.
- Ripple Top Design – for increased heat transfer area and lower maintenance.
- Large, Insulated Cast Iron Door – ergonomically designed with a large door for easy loading. Door is insulated for maximum efficiency. Door parts are powder-coated for increased paint durability.
- Automatic Draft Control – thermostatically controls the system water temperature.
- Skid Base Framework – makes installation easy with or without cement foundation. Only the CL 7260 and Pallet Burner require a slab.
- Welded Steel Framework – heavy-gauge framework engineered for enhanced strength of side panels and roof.
- Insulated Chimney – the chimney is a Type HT listed, factory-built chimney for wood-burning appliances. Two 4-foot chimney sections are standard.
- Rear Exhaust Outlet – increases efficiency and eliminates leaks and corrosion that competitors experience from chimneys that exit through the roof. Designed for easy inspection. Reduces heat loss by over 50%.
- Water-Filled HeatLock Baffle™ – creates secondary combustion area and traps heat in the firebox. Will not warp or burn out with extreme heat.
- Urethane Foam Insulation – insulation is sprayed on and forms a 100% airtight seal around the water jacket.
- Rectangular Firebox – engineered with stay pins. Will not collapse like round designs can.
- Ash Pan – 3/8″ thick, formed ash pan is durable and easy to clean.
*Fan Draft option available for all models.
*This appliance is for non- residential applications only
**A Dual Fuel ready option is also available that allows the furnace to be fitted with a fuel oil, natural gas or propane burner. Click here to learn more.
- DOWNLOAD THE CLASSIC OWNER’S MANUAL (for Classic furnaces manufactured prior to May 15, 2015)
- DOWNLOAD THE CLASSIC OWNER’S MANUAL (for Classic furnaces manufactured on or after May 15, 2015)
Central Boiler manufactures and distributes the Classic, Classic Edge and E-Classic outdoor wood furnaces. These outdoor wood-fired hydronic heaters can heat multiple buildings, hot tubs, pools, greenhouses and more. While burning a wood stove indoors can mean many problems, there is an alternative…a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace. Also known as an outdoor wood boiler or outdoor hydronic heater, an outdoor wood furnace Central Central Boiler manufactures and distributes the Classic, Classic Edge and E-Classic outdoor wood furnaces. These outdoor wood-fired hydronic heaters can heat multiple buildings, hot tubs, pools, greenhouses and more. While burning a wood stove indoors can mean many problems, there is an alternative… a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace. Also known as an outdoor wood boiler or outdoor hydronic heater, an outdoor wood furnace eliminates the problems associated with indoor burning and allows you to get even more benefits from wood heat. Central Boiler outdoor wood furnaces can actually improve the indoor environment, while eliminating the time-consuming chore of tending a traditional wood stove.